• Picture 1: Heat Can Not Stop Me

    I always wondered what it’s like to be able to control fire. When I was younger, I used to love times where there was a black out at home. It would be the only time I was allowed near fire. My sister and I would always come up with illusions and tricks to play on a lighted candle without burning ourselves...

  • Picture 2: Fishes Are Friends

    Has anyone ever asked you that if you could be an animal, what animal would you want to be and why? It’s a broad question with no right or wrong answer. I used to want to be a puppy when I was a kid because it was so adorable but...

  • Picture 3: Even In Death

    Have you ever had a déjà vu? Where you do or experience something that you felt like you have already done or experienced before? Sometimes it makes you think to yourself “hey, I’ve dreamt of this before”. And in certain cases it makes you think “hey, I dreamt I thought to myself that I dreamt this happened before”. I just like to think that those are...

  • Picture 4: Back to Nature

    When I was a little girl, I loved nature. I used to play with insects and dig up earthworms and snails. I would spend my evenings laying on the grass and watching the clouds go by. My mom and I would watch the clouds and point out shapes of the clouds that make up...

  • Picture 5: My Ultimate Childhood Fantasy

    Being a typical girly-girl when I was a kid, I used to loved cartoons like My Little Pony and Care Bears. I always wanted a unicorn as a pet and I absolutely love rainbows and stars and in fact, I still do. I always wondered what it would be like to be in Care Bear’s town or...

Unicorn Horn

How is it done?

A Unicorn is just a regular horse with a horn. And since there's no real unicorn, the horn has to be created. I made the horn this way

  1. Using the Shape tool, create a beige triangle as shown
  2. Using a dark brown, create curved lines on the triangle. The more angle of the line the more curvy the horn will be
  3. Use a lighter brown and paint it to the sides of the curved lines.
  4. Use the same dark brown as before and create some dark areas at the edge of the curves as shown.
  5. Choose a tan colour and paint it in leaving some spots for highlight
  6. You can also use the beige to make spots of highlights.
  7. Using the smudge tool, choose a soft round brush with the strength of 25%, blend the colours together to make it look softer.
  8. Using the eraser tool, choose a hard round brush and erase the edge of the curve to make it have ridges.
  9. With the smudge tool set up to 60% strength, pull out from the center of the horn to make the ridges more of a spiral.
  10. Choose the dodge tool and use a brush as shown and set the size to 10-15px. Brush it on the highlighted area to create some texture.
  11. Use the Burn tool with the same brush, with midtones at 20%, brush on the shadowed area.
  12. Use the Sharpen tool to crisp the look of the horn
Creating this horn is simple but takes some experimenting to get the best effect needed.


0 comments to "Tutorial: Unicorn Horn"

Post a Comment